Finally, a solid win. Unfortunately is came on a day I was unable to watch. But judging from the box score it looks like the Jays found a comfortable win. Four hits and three walks by Brett Cecil over seven innings. That's not bad. And the only run by the Rays came off a solo home run. Looks like a good outing for the kid.
The bad news is we managed to lose two of three in the series, so we wind up dropping another game on the Rays. Tomorrow we get Ricky Romero vs Felix Hernandez from Seattle. I'm looking forward to that one. Seattle's a very beatable club (of course, so was Cleveland...), so we'll be looking for some wins.
On the Halladay front it's looking less likely every day that a deal will be made with Philadelphia, and it seems teams are balking at the high price tag on Doc. So I'll choose to cling to what little hope is left for this season.
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment