It's hard losing to the Orioles at the best of times. But tonight, when guys from the '92 and '93 teams were in town, celebrating the best years of the club, it's even worse.
I'm a Ricky Romero fan. But the sixth inning does not seem kind to him this year. I hope he's learning, and will be ready to come out strong next year. If we can have a rotation of Doc, Marcum, Romero, maybe Richmond, and maybe even pick up another decent starter, with the same position crew as this year, we would be in good shape in 2010. Still, it's difficult to already be acknowledging that we need to look ahead already.
In other news, I was startled by the announcement that Alex Rios had been put on waivers today. That was until I looked into it a bit deeper and learned a bit more about the waiver process. I'm thinking more and more that he won't ever reach his potential in Toronto, and may need a fresh start. So if we can get a prospect, or even a useful veteran, for him that might not be so bad.
Friday, August 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment