Friday, April 16, 2010

That's More Like It

Much better. Dana Eveland is looking more like a #1 or #2 guy, rather than a "bottom of the rotation/filling in for guys on the DL" pitcher right now. Is it sustainable? No, likely not. I mean, he could have a breakout year. It does happen. But the safer bet is that he'll start to falter and his season will tail off. By then he will have done his job, and we should be seeing Rzepczynski, or one of the other guys, coming back. But right now I'll take Eveland.

Honestly, though, the story of the night for me in last night's win over Chicago was Travis Snider. Finally got a home run, and boy was it a long one. As he starts to get more comfortable this season I think we'll see a lot more from him. I'm glad he has a manager behind him who won't panic and give up. And how about that diving catch in left field?

All in all we beat Freddie Garcia last night. The White Sox bullpen essentially shut the Toronto hitters down, and I feel that we caught a break by getting Garcia on an off night. I'll be glad to see the back of the White Sox as they leave town. Looking forward now to seeing how we can do versus the slumping Angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment